Thursday, December 8, 2011

Real Moms Love to Eat Review

Beth Aldrich is a Mom after my own heart. She is sharing her vast knowledge of loving and living in a healthy relationship with food through her new book Real Moms Love to Eat. I received an e-version of this book a few months ago to review and I'm convinced that this woman is one smart cookie (pun intended.)

This book contains wholesome recipes, thoughtful advice for understanding a healthful way to eat, and quirky rules that will inspire you to take the right steps for your body. She gradually introduces you to her important concepts with 5 easy steps per week. The book not only teaches you why you should eat this way, but it also encourages you to explore and learn about how to create a diet you will love and your body will thank you for. Some of her key teachings are to drink more water, eat foods that generate the most energy, and avoid foods that don't bring out the best in you. Did I mention that you have to eat a piece of chocolate every day? Yes, you have to!

I was happy to find that most of the rules were easy to adapt into my diet, especially since I'm already eating well for nursing. However, even I benefited from her suggestion to start each day with a smoothie. It gave me so much energy I was literally singing! I also love that she includes an entire meal plan in the book. There are so many delicious, healthy recipes you will never get bored! Plus, the meals are healthy for the entire family. Not only will you set a positive example for your kids, but you'll actually be able to cook one delicious meal for everyone.

If you're looking for a resource for your new year's resolution- this is it. You will undoubtedly find health, wellness, and energy from reading this book and adapting the plan into your lifestyle. Cheers and happy eating!

 

I like to think of eating well, for pleasure and radiant health, like having an affair with your own husband- you know he's good for you, so you bring back the joy, the excitement, the flavor of your first exciting encounters. You can trust him. Food isn't a quick fix, a fling- it's a marriage, but it can stay spicy forever. Savor each delicious bite and crave more. 

- Beth Aldrich, Real Moms Love to Eat


No comments:

Post a Comment